It’s normal for every new parent to have your fears. After all, you are doing something that you have never done before. It is ok to be a little scared after bringing a new life to this world. Well as a new parent you have things that you are not aware of that you need to know. These things will help you calm down and handle parenthood well like a new parent.
A few hours and days after birth is the right time to bond and create an emotional relationship with your little one. Be so close to them hold them close to your heart at all times, let them feel your heartbeat because it is in that physical closeness that you get emotional attachments. Cradle, feed and once in a while put them on your skin like on your chest so they feel and accept the love you are giving.
When you are a new parent you really have no idea of the things you are doing. That is why you need help during the time you have given birth. It can be overwhelming for you dealing with a newborn, so small and vulnerable. Getting help doesn’t make you a bad parent that is why you need to know that it is ok to get help from how to hold the baby, feed, change and care for them.
What has worked for other parents may not necessarily work for you. Yes as a new parent you may hear stories from friends and family members who have walked that road before. But as much as you can get something from them, learn to be your own parent. Learn your child, what they need and even how they react. It will help you become a parent and a good one. You don’t have to just take everything you have heard and applied it to your own child.
Because you haven’t spent much time with a newborn you may not understand what you need to do to keep them safe. New babies are fragile so how you handle, feed and take care of them is just as important. So here are a few things to note when you are a new parent and when it comes to handling and caring for the baby
- Always wash your hands before holding the baby, they are not so strong even their immune so they are vulnerable to infection.
- Before you move be it in a car or you want to stroll make sure the baby is fastened and secure.
- Always support the neck and head of the bay because they are not yet strong to do it on their own.
- Hearing them cry is absolutely ok do not panic
- Nursing can be difficult but it is just not you but most new parents so keep trying.
- Give the daddy a chance with the baby. Let him do things his own way too the baby needs both of you.
- Try sleeping when the baby sleeps you need the rest to stay active for the baby.